Level 1 is a practitioner’s initiation into reiki and is open to anyone. The focus during Level 1 is on opening the energy channels on a physical level, allowing the practitioner to connect to the universal life force energy, which flows from the cosmos through the crown of the head and down to the heart and hands. This level emphasizes self-reiki as the goal of the Level 1 designation, encouraging students to focus on practicing reiki on themselves, thereby working through their own obstacles. Typically, the Level 1 course also includes an overview of the history of reiki.
Duration 2 days (4hrs each day) / 8hrs 1 day
- History and Origin of Reiki
- Mechanics of the Energy Healing
- The Benefits of Reiki
- Ingredients of a Healer
- Theory of 7 major chakras
- 26 points on body
- Affirmations with reiki
- Self Reiki
- Chakra Diagnosis (crystal pendulum)
- Introduction to Aura and Chakras
- Grounding and Centring
- Alignment to Creation Energies
- Ready Reference to Treatment
- Source of Energy and Connection
- Initiation and Attunement to Reiki Lv1
After the first attunement, many experience physical symptoms of energy in their palms—including tingling, coolness, or heat. Anxiousness, exhaustion, and sadness are not uncommon after the Level 1 attunement.
Due to the intensity of the attunement process, it is recommend that at least 21 days pass between receiving the Level 1 and Level 2 attunements (Level 1 is required to receive Level 2).